Frequently asked questions and our carefully considered answers
When you work with enough people, you notice a commonality among the questions and concerns they have. You may have questions yourself. If they are not covered here, please feel free to ask us. We’re here to help.
- What type of clients do you work with?
- How much do I need to retire?
- How do you charge for your advice?
- Why do I need a CFP®?
- Do I have to live locally to be a client?
- Who is a good fit?
- Who is not a good fit?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- Can't I just buy an index fund?
- What is your experience?
- How much does the first appointment cost?
- What do I bring to the first meeting?
- Do you have investment minimums?
Investors should consider their personal investment horizon and income tax brackets, both current and anticipated, when making an investment decision, as these may further impact the results of the comparisons. Keep in mind that results will vary as investing involves risk, fluctuating returns, and the possibility of loss.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, and in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.